More stuff about the headers

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Tue Sep 9 04:32:01 CDT 2003

Alexandre Julliard wrote:

>Eric Pouech <pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr> writes:
>

>>so the possible solutions are:
>>- As we compile Wine without the _UNICODE flag, we could change the
>>code as follows:
>>	XXA => XX
>>	XXW => (LPWSTR)XX
>>drawback: we'll have warnings if we need to compile with the _UNICODE
>>flag...
>>

>I think what we want is to add casts in all cases, both A and
>W. That's unfortunately the only way to make the code really portable.

In that case, wer'e going to do ugly things in the code, why not just
call "MAKEINTRESOURCEA/W" in the source? It is still not exactly "nice",
but at least it doesn't assume that (WCHAR*)MAKEINTRESOURCEA(5) is a
legal thing.

          Shachar

P.S.
On retrospect, this may be what you (Alexandre) meant to begin with.
Sorry for the repeat if so.

--
Shachar Shemesh
Open Source integration consultant