for Red Hat packager

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Tue Sep 9 12:33:57 CDT 2003

Vincent Béron wrote:

>Le mar 09/09/2003 à 12:09, Shachar Shemesh a écrit :
>

>>I (as well as many of the Israeli and Arab community) would much
>>appretiate if you could do the extra effort, as well as hear feedback.
>>

>Do you personnally use either RH8 or 9? Or is there a way for me
>(without knowing how to read those two languages) to know if it works?

Yes. I posted the source for a small program that tests this. It's
available at http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-devel/2003/08/0175.html.

>Vincent

There is one gotcha that still needs to be looked into. It appears that
even when ICU is statically linked, some versions look for files on the
HD. The ICU support forum said this should not happen with 2.6. What
this means, however, is that it may well be that you will build the
package on your machine (where ICU is installed), and then test it and
see it working. Other people, however, will not get BiDi unless they
install ICU as well (despite it being statically linked). I have sent
the Israeli community to have a look at existing packages, to see
whether this has happened so far. I'll be most glad to help anyone who
enoucnters this problem to solve it. In the mean while, it is important
to test, at least once, your package on a computer other than the one
that was used to generate it.

          Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh