Use a css file for the doc

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at intelliware.ca
Tue Sep 9 15:12:15 CDT 2003

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003, Francois Gouget wrote:

> > So why is that a problem?
>
> You do not want the HTML docs generated by 'make html' to look good?

I don't care. In fact, the very purpose of using SGML in the first place
is so that we shouldn't need to care. The _fundamental_ principle is
separating content from presentation. We provide the content, they
provide the presentation.

The SGML tools are this way for a reason. If people don't like them,
they should change them. Or they should do their custom default.dsl.
Most people don't care and are happy with the SGML tools -- this
is what they get for all the other stuff. We will not upset those.
The users that prefer the WineHQ style better, they can just
download the docu from our website. But the big problem is that
we screw users that care or they have a requirement to integrate
stuff into _their_ website.

Using the standard tools is the better approach, rather then trying
to fix them into our tree. If you think the fix deserves a bigger
audience, it belongs in the DocBook tree.

--
Dimi.