newbie - question: compiling winelib's winemine

Deji Akinyemi doakinyemi at netscape.net
Tue Sep 9 16:10:43 CDT 2003

Hi there! I am trying to get up to speed on developing applications
using wine. The winelib-user documentation recommends getting started by
taking a look at the winemine (wine-xxxxxx/programs/winemine) code
packaged with the library.

I seem to be having different outcomes when I compile the code with the
original Makefile and when I do so with the Makefile generated with
winemaker.

The original winemine makefile compiles the code without a problem and
the program runs, however when I run the makefile generated by winemaker
I get the following error:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=":$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" /usr/bin/wrc   -I.
-I/usr/local/include/wine/windows -o En.res En.rc
En.rc:23:22: Error: parse error

The wine-lib documentation mentions editing the Makefile.in file, I have
looked at it and compared it with the original winmine Makefile. The
winemaker makefile  includes the files  En.rc and Pt.rc in it RC_SRCS
which is absent from the original Makefile. I removed the two entries
with the result that the code compiles, but however fails to run. I do
not get any error messages.
Apart from those RC_SRCS entries I haven't noticed anything semantically
that would result in the different behaviors that I am getting, granted,
I may be missing some things.

What parameters do I need to pass to winemaker to get this program to
run, or are there certain changes I need to make to the Makefile that I
a missing?

Thanks for any help or advice.

Deji.

P.S.
Any recommendations on winelib primers would also be much appreciated.