BuildCommDCBAndTimeouts patch

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Wed Sep 10 05:14:18 CDT 2003

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003, Kevin Groeneveld wrote:
[..].
> One question I have is how should the differences in Windows versions be
> handled?  This question applies to both the wine implementation and the
> tests.
>
> One example is that BuildCommDCB in Windows 95 sets the DCBlength member
> of DCB but Windows 2000 does not.  Should wine account for this
> difference?  Should the regression test?  In the patch I submitted I
> always set the DCBlength member and documented the difference in Windows
> versions in a comment.

In the conformance test you must accept both behaviors. This might mean
setting the field to some arbitrary value before the system call and
then checking its value is either the one you set before (that would be
the case on NT) or the one you expect (as on Win9x).

      Broadcast message : fin du monde dans cinq minutes, repentez vous !