[Resend winegcc03] winewrap can handle the default output name

Richard Cohen richard.cohen at virgin.net
Wed Sep 10 05:44:12 CDT 2003

Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:

> I'm still not sure I like this one, as I said, a.out is a gccism,
No, a.exe is a mingw-ld ism ;-)

> and should be handled in winegcc. winewrap does not have to be
> command line compatible to the GNU tool (as it currently stands),
> we can require an output name for it.

We have an external interface, winegcc, and an internal interface
winegcc->winewrap.

+ The external interface is more or less fixed.
+ We can define the internal interface as we see fit -- but for sanity's
sake it should be as similar as possible to ld
+ A SEGV in winewrap is *absolutely unacceptable*, so we can either
   1. Throw up an error message in winewrap, or
   2. Duplicate the default output name in winegcc & winewrap
   3. Have the default output name only in winewrap

(3) simplifies the code considerably, and I really don't understand your
objection.

Richard.