compile time

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Wed Sep 10 12:04:43 CDT 2003

Le mer 10/09/2003 à 11:55, Ivan Leo Murray-Smith a écrit :
> >p.s.
> >For me (P-IV 1600MHZ) complete build compile takes 25 minutes. I've now
> >switched to ccache, hoping I can bring it down even lower.
> And my 1.4GHZ AMD Athlon XP takes 18:45, and some people still think intel can
> compete with AMD...

Without knowing the rest of the systems (RAM, HD speed, present libs,
compiler used, etc.) it's rather meaningless to compare compile times.

FWIW, my 2000+/256 MB SDRAM is slower to compile Wine than my 1800+/1GB
DDR, by quite a margin. But different compilers are used, so the
comparison is not a straight apples to apples.

Vincent