Indent to get Avisynth working with Wine/Winelib

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at intelliware.ca
Wed Sep 10 17:15:05 CDT 2003

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003, Kevin Atkinson wrote:

> > This is not currently possible, sorry. How big is this interface to
> > avisynth? The only option ATM is to have it out-of-process, so we'll
> > need to come up with some sort of stub/proxy, if you're interested.
>
> Hu?  As I said I am pretty Win32 ignorant.

This has nothing to do with Win32. You simply can not link a Winelib
DLL into a Linux app due to a lot of things too tricky to explain
here. So there are two possible solutions:
    -- transform the apps that want to use avisynth into Winelib apps
    -- run avisynth in a separate process, and devise some sort of
       RPC mechanism to marshall calls back and forth.

--
Dimi.