Intent to get Avisynth working with Wine/Winelib

Ove Kaaven ovehk at ping.uio.no
Wed Sep 10 17:57:05 CDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-11 at 00:29, Kevin Atkinson wrote:
> I will repeat what I just said:
>
>   Since it normal interface is VC++ RECOMPILING it under
>   Winelib is NOT really an option as that will mean that existing plugins
>   for Avisynth will no longer work without a recompile.

But that's also incorrect. Winelib applications are perfectly able to
load Win32 binary DLLs. In fact, Wine itself is simply a Winelib
application that tells Winelib to load the application specified on its
command line. I'd think making Avisynth a Winelib app sounds easier than
devising some kind of RPC mechanism, and all existing plugins would
still work (without a recompile).