[winecfg 8] Complete drive edit dialog, warn on lack of C drive, implement drive delete, code cleanups

Mike Hearn mike at theoretic.com
Fri Sep 12 12:39:56 CDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-09-12 at 14:22, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> The current situation is not very nice: we have a dialog looking
> exactly like a Windows dialog, with an OK/Apply button (!), that
> behaves like a ... something else, without any indication whatsoever.

You realise that's temporary, right? Quite a lot of winecfg doesn't do
anything, is inconsistant, confusing etc - it's basically a building
site right now.

> Right now we are not only inconsistent with (many) of our running
> environments, we are also inconsistent with everything else we do
> in Wine, as well as every application the user will run through Wine.
>
> I suggested a compromise: let's keep this configurable so we can
> nicely integrate with the running environment. I'm surprised you
> find this suggestion so controversial.

Not really controversial, it just makes a bit more work, and I tend
towards the "try to get it right" rather than "let's just make it
configurable" line of thought. But whatever. Fine, I'll make it a
command line switch or something....