Using Winelib

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Sat Sep 13 19:09:57 CDT 2003

On September 13, 2003 04:03 am, Kevin Atkinson wrote:

> OK I figured out how to get it to compile.  I manually created
> libavisynth_c.def, it is attached.  I know that wasn't the best thing to
> do but it worked.  Why is this necessary?  Can't it use the .lib file?
> Failing that is there a script to create the .def from the .lib?

Unfortunately we lack compiler support to do all this stuff automatically
in Linux. Maybe the gcc guys can do something about it, but I'm not sure
if they are aware of the problem.

> However, I didn't seam to gain anything from making it a winelib
> application.

Told you so! :)

> Furthermore it is still using windows I/O.

Hmm, can you post the Makefile you used to build the thing?

> How can I use the native glibc I/O libraries?  In particular I want to be
> able for stdout and stderr to be handles like they would in a linux
> application so I can send my output to stdout (with out any line
> conversion) and messages to stderr.  Right now when I redirect stdout
> stderr gets redirected also.

Yes, you can use glibc, but this stdout/err problem maybe related to
something else. Eric is the expert in that area...

> Is it possible to run a winelib application as a native executable, or is
> wine needed for the loading of windows dlls?

Yes, wine is needed I'm afraid.

--
Dimi.