How do I find out what a program uses to identify a screen mode

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Sun Sep 14 11:19:55 CDT 2003

> Can some directX/x11drv guru help me find and fix the
> problem, I assume it is something that either is
> stubbed or doesn't check the wine config correctly....

Well, you need first to do a '+ddraw' trace (I suppose these are DirectX < 8
games, it not, you will need a '+d3d' trace). Then check for anything
unusual in the trace.

To the risk of repeating, making games start and love our DirectX
implementation is often the hardest thing there is... After, once they are
happy, it's just implementing the missing stuff.

For example, I had to disassemble some checking routines at least 4 or 5
times to see which bit in the caps was not set or which enumeration was
missing which makes the game not start. Not with a lot of success though (oh
well, it did help on 2 games, so it was not entirely in vain :-) ).

       Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/