CreateProcessA and winboard

erwin wolff erwinwolffnl at microformatica.com
Mon Sep 15 08:39:20 CDT 2003

Hey everyone,

I think I got the reason why winlib's winboard doesn't work. The
createprocessa function doesn't work on either the winlib compiled
version or the native version. Although the winelib version of winboard
works better than the windows version. This is the output I got from the
windows version:

fixme:process:CreateProcessA (C:\winboard\GNUChess.exe,...):
CREATE_NEW_PROCESS_GROUP ignored
fixme:console:SetConsoleCtrlHandler ((nil),1) - no error checking or
testing yet

It fired up GNUchess.exe and openend it in a window, but then it crashed
>:(. The winelib counterpart gave me a more useful debug report:

fixme:gdi:ExtCreatePen Hatches not implemented
fixme:gdi:ExtCreatePen Hatches not implemented
fixme:gdi:ExtCreatePen Hatches not implemented

fixme:process:CreateProcessA (C:\winboard\GNUChess.exe,...):
CREATE_NEW_PROCESS_GROUP ignored
fixme:console:SetConsoleCtrlHandler ((nil),1) - no error checking or
testing yet

If you need the patch to compile and can't find it in the mail listing,
just contact me :).

I hope someone can fix it.