CreateBitmap fails

Jarkko Lavinen jlavi at iki.fi
Mon Sep 15 09:03:21 CDT 2003

I am trying to run Trace32 hardware debugging system with Wine. I
would like to use the latest Wine version, but unfortunately some
bitmap buttons are corrupted on recent Wine versions. Well, I think
the problem started about a year ago and have simply used an old
Wine 20020327 where the buttons are displayed correctly.

Example of corrupted buttons with Wine 20030911
  http://www.iki.fi/~jlavi/Wine/trace32-wine-20030911.gif

and another example of same buttons looking ok on Wine 20020327
  http://www.iki.fi/~jlavi/Wine/trace32-wine-20020327.gif

When running Trace32 on Wine 20030911 I get 108 lines of following
message:
  err:x11drv:X11DRV_CreateBitmap Trying to make bitmap with planes=1, bpp=4

And bitmap buttons on the main Trace32 window are corrupted but on subwindows
they are ok.

With Wine 20020327 I get the CreateBitmap message only once and the
buttons are ok on both main window and on subwindows.

Jarkko Lavinen