resend - system tray support

Mike Hearn mike at theoretic.com
Mon Sep 15 17:47:03 CDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 23:36, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> But you can't use that one to protect the global list.

Nope. As I said, I guess we need a separate section for that.

> > Better way to do it then?
>
> Using SendMessage to do the changes in the proper context; but we need
> a separate process to manage the window, we don't want to go around
> creating threads behind the application's back.

Is that a condition for the patch going in then? Also, is there a reason
not to create threads behind the apps back? What I mean is, does that
break some apps that don't expect it, or is it just a cleanliness thing.

IIRC Microsoft not only create threads but entire windows implicitly as
part of the OLE APIs.

thanks -mike