resend - system tray support

Rolf Kalbermatter rolf.kalbermatter at citeng.com
Tue Sep 16 09:55:15 CDT 2003

Dmitry Timoshkov [mailto:dmitry at baikal.ru] wrote:

> "Rolf Kalbermatter" <rolf.kalbermatter at citeng.com> wrote:
>
> > Under W2K this is mostly implemented in shell32.dll. Most
> of what Explorer
> > actually is, including the progman DDE interface, is implemented in
> > shell32.dll and intialized by the shell explorer instance.
>
> No, at least progman DDE interface is not a part of shell32.

I may be wrong here but have you looked at the SHRegisterShellDDE()
function in shell32.dll (W2K)? This function certainly registers a PROGMAN DDE
service and a lot more!

It's probably called by the first Explorer instance running as desktop shell.
I haven't gone further into details but this indicates to me, that a lot of that
functionality is implemented in shell32.dll although it remains to be found
under which context it is executed.

Rolf Kalbermatter