API DB scripts available - help wanted populating the apps table

Dave Miller compsol at ptd.net
Wed Sep 17 03:07:51 CDT 2003

I have placed all of the scripts used in creating the API DB at
http://24.229.94.2 in a .tar.gz available here:
 http://24.229.94.2/winedb.tar.gz in case anyone is interested.  Yes,
they are ugly.  I'll gladly accept any improvements or ideas.  :)

One of the scripts (dump_app_imports) dumps the apis used by a given
program.  Another can query the database from a web form to find missing
apis for a given app.  If anyone is interested in finding what apis are
missing for particular apps please run dump_app_imports on the install
directory as follows:  dump_app_imports.pl -p path-to-app -f
appname-and-version and email me the resulting appname.ref file.  I will
then add it to the database.   The script which does the queries still
needs some work but I am ready to add applications now.