Trying to install ChurchWindows, but it requires IE4?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Wed Sep 17 12:51:31 CDT 2003

Mike Hearn wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 08:22, Dan Kegel wrote:
>
>>I then tried --debugmsg +reg to see what it was sensing, but
>>then the familiar old race condition reared its ugly head:
>>"Error Number: 0x80040706
>>Setup will now terminate"
>

> This is normally generated by InstallShield... why do you say it's a
> race condition?

Because it comes and goes depending on how much --debugmsg logging
I select.  Could be some other kind of bug, too, I just jumped to
a conclusion.

> I've been wanting to investigate that error for a while,
> in fact I'm going to poke an installshield Marcus sent me this
> afternoon.

Thanks!  It has happened for most real things I've tried to install,
off and on, for the last year.

>>Can someone with more Wine juju than me have a look at
>>http://209.190.80.19/trial/CW2003demo.exe
>>and see how far off Wine is from supporting it?
>

> Yikes! It's 20mb! That's going to take most of the day to download :(

No rush!  The bug's been around for ages, it can wait a day to be fixed :-)
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel
http://www.kegel.com