FAQ: How much ram do I need #2

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Wed Sep 17 14:33:12 CDT 2003

Tom <twickline at skybest.com> writes:

> Andreas suggested that 128 is the minimum memory requirements for wine
> to work in a useable fashion. So I will leave the content of this entry
> in place and just change the 256 to 128.

I haven't really seen any evidence that Wine memory requirements have
suddenly been multiplied by 4. It all depends on the application you
are running anyway, so I don't think there's much point in trying to
give specific requirements. I'd suggest rewriting the whole thing to
simply say that you need basically the same amount of memory than
under Windows to run the same apps.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com