Configuration parameters

Eric Pouech pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr
Wed Sep 17 15:45:15 CDT 2003

Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> Name Needed Dynamic PerApp Default value
> [Drive X]
> Path cfg yes no
> Type cfg yes no
> Label cfg yes no
> Serial cfg yes no
> Filesystem cfg yes no
> Device cfg yes no
I don't quite agree on the "yes" flag for dynamicity. (Unless I don't
understand the same thing as you do regarding dynamicity). Changing the
registry shouldn't trigger anything here. We should however be able to
add/remove drive at runtime, but there are regular APIs for that (except
perhaps for the permanent bits).

> [WinMM]
> Drivers regedt no no <auto>
> WaveMapper regedt no no msacm.drv
> MidiMapper regedt no no midimap.drv
will need in the future a more robust configuration scheme, especially
if we want to get rid of the hacks to pair MM devices and dsound devices.
By <auto> to you mean a default value has to be computed by wincfg, or
shall wine be able to run even if no value has been set yet ? (first
option is quite doable for MM, second is a bit more unclear).
I'd add a few others options:
"MidiMapper settings" regedt no no none

Don't forget also a couple of configuration bits still remaining in
system.ini (in particular, mci and msacm drivers definition). Those also
exist in registry (under windows) but haven't been ported to wine (yet)

A+

--
Eric Pouech