[winegcc10] Search standard libraries last

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Thu Sep 18 08:01:43 CDT 2003

On September 18, 2003 07:13 am, Richard Cohen wrote:
> This is needed for winegcc to build wine itself
>
>    + Remove . from default library search path

This may break Winelib apps. Did you check that MinGW does not
search . for libs?

>    + -lwine needs passed in -L paths

What do you mean by this?

> -        strarray_add(lib_files, strmake("-l%s", library));
> +        /* Probably one of:
> +        * .def - which winebuild won't find
> +        * .so  - which winebuild doesn't support
> +        * .a   - which gcc won't find
> +        fprintf(stderr, "Ignoring library %s\n", library);

We need to pass .a files to gcc, otherwise Winelib apps break.
A lot of them (see wxWindows) compile as a big .a lib, and
link with that. What do you mean "won't find"? And we should
pass .so libs to gcc as well.

--
Dimi.