documentation cleanup

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu Sep 18 16:09:58 CDT 2003

Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> writes:

> Maybe you just compared the PostScript files? Our Makefile does not use
> print.dsl for generating the PostScript files which I think is a bug!

No I checked the pdf, all I could see was some spacing differences. I
don't think it's a big problem.

> So we have three options before us:
>  1. keep the current situation
>     -> ugly hacks in default.dsl
>
>  2. remove the 'hard-code color hacks' from default.dsl
>     -> we lose the color customization
>
>  3. remove the 'hard-code color hacks' from default.dsl and reference a
> winedoc.css file
>     -> preserves the current look
>     -> the doc look becomes more flexible and maintainable
>
> I'd be happy with either 2 or 3.

I'm happy with 1. It works, and the doc looks good enough. I haven't
ever heard anybody complain about not being able to change the colors
of the html, I don't think that's an issue at all. As for the ugliness
of default.dsl, IMO the whole docbook stuff is one big ugly mess, so
that's lost in the noise <g>

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com