winetest.exe no results

Tony Lambregts itadmin at rtl.ca
Fri Sep 19 10:07:13 CDT 2003

Eric Pouech Wrote:

> > at line 121 c.X and c.Y are set to 0 and line so I would expect that the
> > output should be at the TOP-RIGHT corner of the screen.
> 0,0 is TOP LEFT. 79,0 is TOP RIGHT.

Yeah,  I meant my other right <g>

>  > However what I am
> > seeing is that the ouput for this is showing up at the TOP-LEFT (less 3)
> > corner of the screen.
> if you mean here TOP-RIGHT-3, then this looks like the next
> testWriteNotWrappedNotProcessed

Yes I meant TOP-RIGHT-3. Now It does not make sense to me that it would be
choking on the next test but displaying failing results from this one.

> > So I see abc at the top right hand corner of the screen and the test is
> > locked up under Windows 9x. Pressing CTRL-C allows the test to continue.
>

> >>agreed. My point was that I could some other tests in console.c to fail
> >>under win98, but not this one.
> >>Does the same behavior happens if you redirect the output to a file
> >>instead of printing it on screen
> >

> > I have attached the results of the test that I ran like so:
> >
> > kernel32_crosstest.exe console > results.txt
> >
> > I get the same results if I run it in a DOS box  or Full Screen. From
the
> > results and behavior of the test I have to wonder what is the actual
value
> > of c.Y.
> since abcdef appears in the output file, it means that maybe win98
> doesn't open CONIN$ the same way NT does. This would suggest CONIN$
> actually opens the standard output stream to the process (in your case
> redirected to file result.txt), even if it should open the output stream
> to the console attached to the processus.
> Does the test behaves the same if you comment out the first two
> CreateFileA in START_TEST(console) ?

Well I dont have MSVC so I can't compile the tests if I did that. AFAIK
compiling using MinGW still has issues. So...  If I make up a diff is anyone
interested in doing the compiling useing MSVC?

Hopefully

Tony Lambregts