tools/translations_status

Vincent Béron vberon at mecano.gme.usherb.ca
Sat Sep 20 12:05:17 CDT 2003

Le sam 20/09/2003 à 11:36, Dimitrie O. Paun a écrit :

> Here is a little script that can help translators
> to keep their languages up to date. It already
> helped get the French translation updated :)))

It was very helpful to locate which ones were out of date (or completely
inexistant), but the ones marked '.' weren't all up to date regarding
English (see the current commdlg resources for how it's possible).

What is needed is a parser to get at least the structure of the .rc
files, to identify the layout of the menus and the ID of the strings,
and then compare those between languages. Or something based on that
(removing quoted text and comments, then diff? That'd be possible in sh
probably).

I can try to whip up something, but it'll be in C (sorry, Perl is akin
to Chinese to me for now), so if you all prefer it to be in something
else, or can point me to such a tool already existing for Windows
resources, it'd be appreciated.

Vincent