DOS: silence some fixme's

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Sun Sep 21 10:44:23 CDT 2003

Hi,

On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 05:15:18PM +0200, Michael Stefaniuc wrote:
> Alexandre, please use following revised changelog for the patch:
> Changelog:
> 	- silence the FIXME's produced by a check for dos4gw or
> 	  compatible dos32 extender.
Maybe it's actually a good idea to change the code to return
"support", since we already have DPMI support (it might not be 100% perfect,
but it's almost 100% working, IIRC).

> 	- silence the FIXME produced by an install check of MVSOUND.SYS
That's one FIXME less in exchange for one additional code path,
which would have to be done for every utility on earth that uses int 0x2f
for install checks (since they all use different values for their checks).
Maybe this shouldn't be done like that, who knows...

Andreas Mohr