Wine lecture slides

Ove Kaaven ovehk at ping.uio.no
Sun Sep 21 13:10:39 CDT 2003

søn, 21.09.2003 kl. 10.30 skrev Dmitry Timoshkov:
> "Eric Pouech" <pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>
> > S8: ReWind is not for TG. TG is not based on ReWind. ReWind serves as a
> > X11-cross platform between Wine and WineX.
>
> I do not want to start a flame war, but you just repeat what TG wants
> ReWind to be looking like on public. That's simply not true. Right now
> it's an one directional way: Wine -> ReWind -> WineX. And in my opinion
> that's an exactly an idea behind that.

Yes, that's the way ReWind currently work (and the ReWind maintenance
tools are written for that). After all, new work from WineX preferably
flows like this: WineX -> Wine -> ReWind. It's a unidirectional circle
(and I don't think Alexandre will apply anything that's ReWind-only
without permission (if he did, he'd probably have to add ReWind to
Wine's copyright files anyway, which is probably not fun), so this
unidirectional arrangement benefit Wine too).

Of course, the current laziness of the ReWind maintainers is another
matter... it's a long time since "they" merged in any new patches from
Wine and WineX... both have a few things which should be merged sooner
or later...