text edit box not painting text ( on form startup )

Doug Herbert dougy_herbert at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 21 18:51:18 CDT 2003

> It's possible that this might help.
>
> Huw.
> --
>  	case WM_MOUSEACTIVATE:
> -		/*
> -		 *	FIXME: maybe DefWindowProc() > -
SetFocus(hwnd);
>  		result = MA_ACTIVATE;
>  		break;
>
> +        SetFocus(es->hwndSelf);
>  	if (!(es->flags & EF_FOCUSED))

Thanks for the reply. I have recompiled my wine
version ( 20030911 from winehq ) but it did not help.

Dumb question, but the suggested patch would only
affect mouse over ? I tried mouse over, but the text
is only painted when I tab into the field - either by
clicking on the field or using the tab key.

( aside : the reason for my mention of a simple
windows app here, is an aid only to see a working
example, of a text edit box displaying text, before
that editbox has focus.

Compared with the real windows app I am trying to
diagnose )

I have done some more tracing and notice that the
EDIT_PaintLine debug message is only displayed when I
activate the field.

In the basic window app I compiled, this
EDIT_PaintLine message is displayed on form startup (
I do not manually activate the fields in my simple app
- though this seems one solution - only problem the
database app is one we have purchased off a third
party, so no acccess to the source.

The database app ( the one with this painting edit box
problem ) does log