docs: wine-devel [11/16]

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Mon Sep 22 04:09:47 CDT 2003

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, Marcelo Duarte wrote:
[...]
> In this list, some times I see acronyms that I do not understand, some I try
> to imagine. For the majority of the people who had not been born speaking
> English this also must be complicated.

Don't worry. Most off-line english-speaking people have no idea
what most of these acronyms stand for. The reason is that a lot of
them are specific to the IRC / forum / online culture.

(and of course TLC may actually be an exception to that)

A few possibly useful links:

http://www.red.net/support/resourcecentre/general/acronyms_smileys.php
http://www.apc.net/ia/scrmaim.htm
http://www.jargon.org/

and of course

http://www.acronymfinder.com/

(did Dimi mean 'Tables & Ladders & Chairs'<g>)

        War doesn't determine who's right.  War determines who's left.