[ANN] Conformance testing campaign

Ferenc Wagner wferi at afavant.elte.hu
Sun Sep 21 21:48:43 CDT 2003

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> writes:

>   -- for the ME case, how can we have have some
>      results (up to kernel32.dll:codepage) and then
>      have no results? Doesn't that mean that they failed?

No, this means that when the console test hung the tester
killed the DOS box and thus did not run further tests.
Jakob might implement a timeout or we could explain more.

>   -- It would be nice to make the tests name links to
>      the test file. [...] This is trick though, as it is
>      not clear how to figure this thing out.

Yes, it must be included in the output.  I gave it a try,
winsock and kernel32 are tricky, for example.

>   -- How do you assign the name to different reports
>      for the same OS?

It is the name of the directory the data comes from.  In
principle, testers could provide their tags.

>   -- Also, in the "XXX differences" section, shouldn't we
>      have the exact version & ServicePack displayed between
>      the OS name and the reporter link, as we are dealing
>      with only one instance?

Sure, but I do not have the information.  Noted, though.

>   -- A few links at the top of the page would be nice:
> 	1. To the main Testing page, something like
> 		/site/testing

I am not sure what this main Testing page is...

> We also need a "Testing" page, but that's another story :)

I was on holiday last week and will possibly leave again,
but will surely come back, just wait...
                                                Feri.