ntdll/kernel32: #36

Eric Pouech pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr
Tue Sep 23 12:27:11 CDT 2003

Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> "Eric Pouech" <pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>

>>Codepage: if you mount a fs with a given codepage, you need that cp
>>information to transform properly the filenames into unicode. Ideally,
>>we should get this information from OS
>

> We already have that information, the support for OS locale is implemented
> via a Wine extension - CP_UNIXCP. The codepage parameter should go away as
> soon as all locale information is moved (or duplicated) in ntdll from kernel.

but couldn't this be different from the charset used for mounting the
filesystem ? AFAICS, on VFAT systems, long names are stored in Unicode.
The charset in the mount option let you specify the charset for the
Unicode -> multi-byte...
All filenames will be expressed in this charset (and not the default
kernel charset nor your locale)

A+

--
Eric Pouech