Configuration parameters

Eric Pouech pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr
Tue Sep 23 12:37:14 CDT 2003

Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> On September 18, 2003 01:26 pm, Eric Pouech wrote:
>

>>the point is that it's not easy to tell between :
>>- two physical sound cards (one ALSA, one OSS)
>>- one physical sound card but with ALSA and OSS emulation on top of ALSA
>>moreover, we'll have to store winmm card information to dsound driver
>>somewhere in order to link them (and stop using the current hack)
>>that's why some driver configuration will be necessary in the registry
>

> Yes, we can't quite guess all this right, this is a job for freedesktop.org
> to standardize some setting so apps can easily get to that kind of info.
> It's just stupid that apps (outside KDE/GNOME) need to have their own setup
> dialogs, etc. And even more silly is that the user has to configure all
> this crap so many times it's not even funny.
agreed, but in the mean time we have to do something.

>>see comment at the top of dlls/winmm/midimap/midimap.c
>>
>>for the other settings , you have :
>>- the list of audio & video codecs (in driver32 section from system.ini)
>>- the list of known mci drivers. Firstly, looked for in the options
>>section of the wine config file. If nothing is defined, it's looked for
>>in the mci section in the system.ini file
>

> What about the stuff in win.ini/[mci extensions]. Is that used?
yes, in some internal mci function (but that doesn't need to be changed
by end users. we just need to list the default extensions for the given
mci playback. I haven't found yet an equivalent in the registry

> I've added the following as regedit settings:
>
>    [Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Multimedia\\MIDIMap]
>    AutoScheme                    no      no     0
>    ConfigureCount                no      no     4
>    CurrentInstrument             no      no     Wine OSS midi
>    CurrentScheme                 no      no     epp
>    DriverList                    no      no
>    UseScheme                     no      no     0
>    [System\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\MediaProperties\\PrivateProperties\\Midi\\Schemes\\]
>    <nameScheme>                  no      no
>    [System\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\MediaProperties\\PrivateProperties\\Midi\\Schemes\\\\]
>    Channels                      no      no
(those, BTW, are standard windows' registry entries)

A+
--
Eric Pouech