Configuration parameters

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at intelliware.ca
Tue Sep 23 12:46:51 CDT 2003

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Eric Pouech wrote:

> > What about the stuff in win.ini/[mci extensions]. Is that used?
> yes, in some internal mci function (but that doesn't need to be changed
> by end users. we just need to list the default extensions for the given
> mci playback. I haven't found yet an equivalent in the registry

Well, it would be real nice to move these to the registry. If MS has
no place, we can invent one of our own. To keep compatibility, we
can look in win.ini, if not there, look in the registry. That will
allow us to drop win.ini altogether, and have a cleaner install,
simple documentation, etc.

--
Dimi.