Configuration parameters

Eric Pouech pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr
Tue Sep 23 13:47:20 CDT 2003

Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Eric Pouech wrote:
>

>>>What about the stuff in win.ini/[mci extensions]. Is that used?
>>
>>yes, in some internal mci function (but that doesn't need to be changed
>>by end users. we just need to list the default extensions for the given
>>mci playback. I haven't found yet an equivalent in the registry
>

> Well, it would be real nice to move these to the registry. If MS has
> no place, we can invent one of our own. To keep compatibility, we
> can look in win.ini, if not there, look in the registry. That will
> allow us to drop win.ini altogether, and have a cleaner install,
> simple documentation, etc.

didn't search hard enough
in fact, I was searching in Win9x, where it isn't present, and only
configured in .ini files.
In NT, they seem to be stored in

for win.ini in
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\MCI Extensions

for system.ini in
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\MCI32

A+
--
Eric Pouech