Script to compile Wine programs on Windows

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Tue Sep 23 23:08:05 CDT 2003

On September 23, 2003 11:59 pm, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> For example, winefile.exe needs "-luuid" in MinGW because it provides
> IID_IDataObject.  In Wine, IID_IDataObject is defined in include/objidl.h
> and a constant number.  Wine doesn't have uuid library.

We have one, and it's called wine_uuid (libs/uuid). If we switch over
to winegcc at least for the apps, it will take care of it, you just
need to pass it -luuid just like in Windows.

> Some resource files refer to icons if __WINE__ is not defined.  The icons
> are missing.  Perhaps those references can be removed.  Alternatively,
> icon resources should be converted to the binary format in Wine.  I don't
> know if the reason to use text representations was because of wrc
> limitations or to avoid binaries in Wine CVS.

Yes, to avoid binaries in CVS. But what is the problem, icons can't
be in text format? If no, we'll just have to use wrc, not a problem
I guess (even though would be nice to be able to build using windres).

> Also, some programs overuse WINE_ERR, like winecfg.exe.  It should be
> possible to disable all text messages, even the most important ones, or
> direct them to some other place.

winecfg is still in flux/heavy development just ignore it for now.

--
Dimi.