Build log from tests built with MSVC 7

Jakob Eriksson jakob at vmlinux.org
Wed Sep 24 20:56:27 CDT 2003

Alexandre Julliard wrote:

>Jakob Eriksson <jakob at vmlinux.org> writes:
>

>>So where can I get it?  I downloaded the latest SDK (or so i think)
>>from Microsoft, but that didn't help. I am grabbing for straws at this
>>point.
>>

>I don't know. I have them in my comctl32.lib from MSVC 5, maybe they
>have been removed in later versions, but that's a bit suprising given
>that they are now documented in MSDN. This needs some more
>investigations I think.

Aha... it actually makes sense, whichever view of Microsoft you take.
Conspirational theory:  it is now documented, but as a counterblow they
make it harder
to use by removing the ability to link to it statically.

Well wishing theory: since it was undocumented to begin with, Microsoft
wants to better
its reputation by not using it themselves anymore.  Hence its
disappearance from the link
library.

Engineer theory: since it was undocumented, it is now considered
obsolete. Hence removed
from the link library so as to not encourage its use.

Of course, the thruth could be a combo of all above. :-)

regards,
Jakob