Keyboard problems

Salmela 9700584 at cs.stadia.fi
Thu Sep 25 07:34:44 CDT 2003

Hi

When running eg. notepad with latest wine cvs, wine doesn't correctly find
out my Finnish keyboard. Instead it is using Latin American keyboard
because it's getting the highest score when X11DRV_KEYBOARD_DetectLayout
is choosing keymap.

I've looked in wine/dlls/keyboard.c and noticed that in Latin
American keymap there are not many Alt-Gr characters. Every Alt-Gr
charater produces an error and lowers the score of even right keymap and
that is why wrong keymap is selected. So it seems like there is a
problem detecting the keys right. Any thoughts? I've attached a debuglog
of wine -debugmsg +keyboard,+key notepad

My system is RH 9 and /etc/sysconfig/i18n says:
LANG="en_US.iso885915"
SUPPORTED="en_US.iso885915:en_US:en"
SYSFONT="latarcyrheb-sun16"