Script to compile Wine programs on Windows

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at intelliware.ca
Thu Sep 25 13:24:01 CDT 2003

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> I thought you were talking about doing it in make depend, and this
> won't work. Now if you want to generate it directly into the
> Makefile.in then of course that's possible, but I don't think we want
> to generate rules, these belong in Make.rules. What you could do is
> have bin2res output a simple "RCBINARIES = bitmap1.bmp bitmap2.bmp"
> that we can then paste into the Makefile.in.

Yeah, but if we do that we'll have to maintain them manually.
What about something like this:

In Make.rules

.rc.extract:
	bin2res $< && touch $@

%.res: %.rc %.extract
	$(WRC) -o $@ $<

In make depend:

bitmap1.bmp bitmap2.bmp bitmap3.bmp: rsrc.extract

rsrc.res: bitmap1.bmp bitmap2.bmp bitmap3.bmp

rsrc.extract: rsrc.rc

So, if the .rc changes, the .extract will be rebuilt,
which means the .bmp will be updated, as well as .res.
Similarlly, if the .bmp will change, the .res will rebuild.

The only problem is that if you change the .bmp, then
you change the .rc, you will lose the .bmp changes...

--
Dimi.