Fix for bug 640 - moving thin frames leaves mess

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Thu Sep 25 13:54:45 CDT 2003

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> Pavel Roskin <proski at gnu.org> writes:
>
> > The focus rectangle (e.g. the rectangle around active buttons) should be
> > painted using the system text color.  Xoring this color with background is
> > wrong.  Even on systems where it works, it changes the color from black to
> > dark gray (light gray xor white), although not too much to notice it.
> > DrawFocusRect() has been changed to use R2_COPYPEN mode.
>
> I don't think that's correct. MSDN explicitly states that
> DrawFocusRect uses XOR, so that you can use it a second time to remove
> the rectangle.

OK, drop that part of the patch for now.  I think that xoring anything
with COLOR_WINDOWTEXT is incorrect, but I need to test possible other
solutions.

After all, the bug is about the white mess from dragging windows, which is
a bigger problem.

I've tested the patch on the system without the bug (XFree86 4.3.0, ATI
Rage 128), and the patch doesn't change anything, which is good.

We probably need another program to test GDI functions.  Ideally,
screenshots from Wine an Windows should match to the pixel.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin