Max Payne & resolution detection

Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle at yahoo.fr
Fri Sep 26 06:56:02 CDT 2003

 --- Lionel Ulmer <lionel.ulmer at free.fr> a écrit : > > Now Max Payne
sees only 1280x1024, all other modes arent listed
> > anymore.
>
> Did you per-chance :
>  1) disable the usage of XVidMode in your config file
wasnt in my config file, I added it, set to disabled.
>  2) disabel the XVidMode extension on your X server
xvidmode isnt in my /etc/X11/XF86Config, thought no chance to have it
enabled ?
xdpyinfo proved me wrong :/
    XFree86-VidModeExtension

added
Option "DisableVidModeExtension"  "true"
according to man XF86Config in section "ServerFlags".

I have rerun the X session and checked with xdpyinfo, no more
XFree86-VidModeExtension is used.

but no change for now.

=====
Sylvain Petreolle (spetreolle_at_users_dot_sourceforge_dot_net)
 ICQ #170597259
Say NO to software patents
Dites NON aux brevets logiciels