regression - display mode detection - more exanples

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Sun Sep 28 09:44:16 CDT 2003

> Specifically, it will:
> - include more choices for the desktop size
> - always list all modes as including 8, 16, and 32-bit
> - silently ignore you when you try to change the depth
> - remove duplicated modes (see above)
> - include more TRACE lines for better debugging

Well, if XVidMode returns only one mode, will your new patch still enumerate
'fake' modes ?

And, yes, somes games will fail if you did strict depth checking (Jedi
Knight being one of them that I am sure of).

So the conclusion : most of the hacks that were here were for a reason :-)

   Lionel (who still have the set of 'offending' patches to review in his
           mailbox but did not yet get around to it :-) )

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/