winebuild & Winelib

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Sun Sep 28 16:02:40 CDT 2003

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> writes:

> I am sorry, but I'm going to ask this without RTF{M,C}:
>
>   1. Building Winelib DLLs
> 	We need the .spec file, I know. But can we also
> 	use a .def file instead (without relay support,
> 	of course). My understanding is that the extra
> 	information in the .spec file is needed only for
> 	relay debugging...

Not only that, there are also things like register functions etc. But
we should definitely be able to build standard Winelib dlls with a
.def file, this shouldn't be too hard to add. It will probably require
some tweaking of the winebuild command line options though, --spec and
--def are going to be confusing if we also accept .def files as input.

>   2. Linking Winelib apps with Windows (PE) DLLs
> 	Is this possible? We will not be able to use
> 	the original import libs, we should be able
> 	to make do with a .def file. Is this supported
> 	by winebuild?

Yes that should work.

--
Alexandre Julliard