winebuild & Winelib

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Sun Sep 28 23:14:14 CDT 2003

On September 28, 2003 05:02 pm, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Not only that, there are also things like register functions etc. But
> we should definitely be able to build standard Winelib dlls with a
> .def file, this shouldn't be too hard to add.

Glad to hear that, we do need to support it to add meaningful
DLL build support to winegcc.

> It will probably require
> some tweaking of the winebuild command line options though, --spec and
> --def are going to be confusing if we also accept .def files as input.

Indeed, maybe we can rename --spec to just --lib (or --implib), as we
are in fact creating an import library...

[snip question about linking to a PE DLL]
> Yes that should work.

So for this to work (say we have a MyStuff.DLL), I would add
a -lMyStuff, and I'd have to have a MyStuff.DEF (?.def?) and
MySfuff.DLL (?.dll?) into my -L dirs?

--
Dimi.