winebuild & Winelib

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Mon Sep 29 00:41:39 CDT 2003

On September 29, 2003 01:24 am, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> I was thinking we could use --dll, since that's what we are ultimately
> building; and it fits well with --exe.

Agreed, --dll is a better choice.

> > So for this to work (say we have a MyStuff.DLL), I would add
> > a -lMyStuff, and I'd have to have a MyStuff.DEF (?.def?) and
> > MySfuff.DLL (?.dll?) into my -L dirs?
>
> It should be named libMyStuff.def, by analogy with libMyStuff.a that
> you'd use with mingw; but we could make it support MyStuff.def too if
> needed. You don't need the dll at link time, only at run time.

I'm afraid libMyStuff.def is a bit too Unix-like, I *think* it's a lot
more common in the Windows universe to have it called MyStuff.def.
But I don't know exactly if people even know what a .def file is these
days :), and I have little knowledge how folks are naming their .def
files, so ...

--
Dimi.