Script to compile Wine programs on Windows

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Mon Sep 29 12:45:41 CDT 2003

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> writes:

> The only complication here is the .extract file which
> allows us to split the dependencies from the rules.
> The complicated stuff are the dependencies, but you
> need those anyway. A simple marker file is a small
> price to pay for the convenience...
> If you think we can keep it simpler, can you please
> tell me a bit more of what you have in mind? How
> are we going to use that $(RCBINARIES) if we have
> more than one .rc file per Makefile?

I don't necessarily think it's simpler, but it's less ugly. We
definitely don't want to create dummy intermediate files. But yes in
the complex cases we may have to write the rules by hand; I don't
think that's a big deal, there aren't that many places that need it
anyway. And if it gets really too complex, well then maybe having a
#ifdef in the rc file doesn't look so bad...

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com