Fix for bug 640 - moving thin frames leaves mess

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Mon Sep 29 22:05:52 CDT 2003

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, [iso-8859-1] Sylvain Petreolle wrote:

> What Paintbrush are you using ? Im using winme's and got no such
> problem when saving images (no natives are used except mfc42and
> mfc42loc)

I don't know about Windows ME, but Windows 98 doesn't have Paintbrush.
pbrush.exe simply calls mspaint.exe.  mspaint.exe (Microsoft Paint) is a
different program. Since you are mentioned mfc42, I'm assuming that you
actually mean Microsoft Paint.

> But I have another big problem : if anything is modified, the whole
> image becomes a black square when saved.

Yes, I confirm it.  Also, the release of the right mouse button is not
reported.  But it still works much better than Paintbrush.

Anyway, I have tested Microsoft Paint in 8-bit color and I don't see the
Paintbrush hack being used.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin