uxtheme.dll

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Tue Sep 30 03:25:53 CDT 2003

Roderick Colenbrander wrote:

>I hope you know what you will begin with. (For the ones that don't know
>uxtheme.dll is the dll that takes care of all theming on WinXP and it is the dll
>that dlls like comctl32 and all others use for theming)
>
>Some time ago I checked out uxtheme.dll a bit and it seems that it needs
>changes all over Wine. As I understand it WinXP ships with two sets of
>comctl32.dll and friends. One is the "old" version and one is a new uxtheme aware
>version. The uxtheme aware version contains lots of changes and uses uxtheme for
>theming. To use uxtheme you need to add uxtheme support to the dlls that need
>it which looks like a huge job.

It does.

> Perhaps this is something post Wine-1.0?

Why? This seems liks something that can be done incrementally. Kevin is
interested in doing it. Is there any reason to wait? Kevin should be
aware of what he's getting himself into, of course, but otherwise it's
his call. That's what free software development is all about.

>Roderick Colenbrander

          Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh