winealsa: improve sound quality for IDsDriverImpl

Mike Hearn mike at theoretic.com
Tue Sep 30 07:23:34 CDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 07:43, Jerry Jenkins wrote:
> But the test is really a time-cost task. I won't merge it into WINEALSA if I
> can't improve it.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?

Well I for one am a bit confused. The reason it needs to be a runtime
check is so we can compile Wine on one machine then run it on a totally
different one, and Wine figures out what it can and cannot do on the
fly. If we are altering its behaviour according to the capabilities of
the compiling machine then this is very bad indeed.