wine & ccache

Jakob Eriksson jakob at vmlinux.org
Tue Sep 30 08:38:01 CDT 2003

On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 01:16:17PM +0100, Mike Hearn wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 01:40, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> > One problem is that most makefiles specify different defines, so you
> > basically need to have one different rule for each C file. Then there
> > are many files that have explicit rules. It could be done, but I don't
> > think it's worth it, and the result would be really messy and hard to
> > maintain.
>
> Maybe oneday it would be worth porting the Wine build system to SCons
> (http://www.scons.org/). From "What makes SCons better":

Woot! I was about to plug "cook" from Aegis fame, but I thought nobody
likes advocacy.  But if it is plugging time, "cook" is wonderful.  :-)
The author of "recursive make considered harmful" also authored cook.
Aegis is what I use for http://vmlinux.org/jakov/Wine/ .

Sure scons looks really nice too, with its support for Windows project
files.

--
regards,
Jakob

is.  If you don't, it's its.  Then too, it's hers.  It isn't her's.  It
isn't our's either.  It's ours, and likewise yours and theirs.