[ANN] Conformance testing campaign

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Tue Sep 30 10:41:46 CDT 2003

On September 29, 2003 05:57 pm, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
> > In other words, he is supposed to detect a hanged test,
> > and report an error?
>
> Now I lost you here.  Who is he?

Jakob, that is winetests.exe. It should read, "winetests.exe
is supposed to detect a hanged test, kill it, and report an
error?" But yeah, we seem to be on the same wavelength here.

> > For sure we need to append a number, but my point is that
> > once we generate that name dinamically, it's ugly and it
> > shouldn't be displayed.
>
> An occasional 1, 2 or 3 at the end of your tag?  Why not?

Sure, if you thnk that's helpful, I just thought that it's
a bit redundant to have columns named like this:

   win95_1 win95_2 win95_3 win95_4 ...

the number just duplicate their position...

> > As for who submitted it, we already have that, so we're
> > good.
>
> But it can not possibly be displayed (a name is too wide and
> you may have submitted several tests)

Of course you can't display it in the column name, but you
can get to it by clicking on the "reporter". Bottom line,
I don't have a beef with it, if you find it useful, include
it, other might find it useful as well.

> > What about the max number of errors in all tests?
>
> Possible, but it would destroy the consistency of the
> links in the column.  May be worth it, though.

I guess you mean the links to results.txt. Yeah, those
should go, they would be confusing. We can make them
be links to the OS's home page or something. Or maybe
a historical overview table with test results only for
that OS... :)

--
Dimi.