Updated winetests.exe

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Tue Sep 30 11:22:00 CDT 2003

On September 29, 2003 05:31 pm, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
> I did not like this idea either, but decided to go with it
> in the end.  First, to generate summaries I have to
> correlate files anyway, which *is* problematic already, and
> having a master file could only make it simpler and also
> make the cause more obvious if some inconsistency is found.
> Second, we want to include build failure reports, which can
> be lengthy (eg. compiler logs), and do not seem to belong to
> the test results.  For an example, see how the dsound test
> build failure is noted on the page.  The summary line could
> also easily be customized.

OK, this can work too, of course, if you feel you can deal with
it, I'm easy. If we go down that path, I have a few suggestions:
  -- this master file should be emailed to wine-tests just like
     the regular tests. The processing script should recognize
     it as such, and process it accordingly.
  -- we should include in the master file and the test output
     some sort of unique identifier (a MD5 sum of sorts?) so
     we make sure we correlate the test output with the correct
     master file.
  -- you have to be able to deal (how?) with tests results
     that arrive before the master file.
  -- a simple to generate format would be:

KEY:<the uuid>
*** <dll> (section repeated for each DLL)
  * <dlls/<dll>/tests/file.c>:<CVS version>  (multiple times, for each file)
    <any errors/warnings generated during compilation, verbatim>

<output of 'wine dlls/<dll>/tests/<dll>_test.exe.so>

> One more thing, I really do not
> have the faintest idea about how to integrate this into the
> WineHQ page.  There may be reasons there, too, like eg. the
> need to notify the system about a new build, which could be
> done by uploading the information skeleton...

Well, this is what I'm thinking:
  -- master file and test results are emailed to wine-tests at winehq.org
     this is simple to do, Jakob should just change the submit method
     to email, and it should work. In fact, Jakob why don't we start
     doing that, to see how it works?
  -- We need to integrate your processing script with sendmail, just
     like mailman is. This way, when an email arrives on the wine-tests
     list, you get to process it right away. The result template could
     be placed right in the website, if Jer is OK with the idea.
     Jer, do you have any special requirements for this stuff?

--
Dimi.